Total Time: 10 minutes
Makes: 0 servings
|Nutritional per serving|
18-Sep 2015, by Lee Sandwith
For most Asians, rice is as necessary as oxygen to their daily existence. No kidding! While it is consumed all over the world, for them, there’s rice – and then there’s other cereal grains.
Rice is so easy to cook; you can do it while sleeping. But of course you don’t always settle for simple boiled rice just as nobody really settles for simple, boiled, any other food. That is why we are always on the lookout for creative ways to transform good old plain rice to a whole new delicious dish. This Super Quick Healthy Fried Rice recipe from Pinch of Yum is an easy-peasy combination of some herbs, sesame oil and the basic ingredient for fried rice.
Come on and check out this vegetable and rice recipe with a healthy burst of flavor!
Makes 5 servings
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 3 eggs
- 780 grams brown rice (cooked, cooled, and separated)
- 164 grams frozen corn
- 80 grams frozen peas
- ½ tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2-3 tablespoons soy sauce
- fresh chives, fresh basil, baby spinach, any other add ins you want!
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic cloves and ginger and stir fry for one minute.
- Crack the eggs directly into the pan and gently push them around in the pan until barely cooked, 1-2 minutes.
- Add the rice and stir fry for a few minutes, adding the other tablespoon of oil and turning the heat up to get it sizzling. The eggs should sort of incorporate and stick to the rice.
- Add the frozen corn, peas, rice vinegar, and soy sauce and stir fry for another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in any additional add-ins and serve!
Tips & Alternatives
You can use fresh ginger paste and leftover rice.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Pinch of Yum