Total Time: 45 minutes
Makes: 0 servings
|Nutritional per serving|
22-Aug 2015, by Mary Foster
Lasagne is typically a super unhealthy dish as it’s usually packed with a bunch of unhealthy ingredients. But the great thing about Italian food is that there are lots of different ways to make it much healthier.
Take this Healthy Chicken Lasagne, for instance. Replacing beef with chicken is definitely advantageous for anyone looking to cut down on red meat, and using passata instead of a typical Dolmio style lasagne sauce removes the need for any added refined sugar.
Using quark and fat free greek yoghurt instead of an unhealthy cheese sauce is also a great idea to keep the calories down. All in all, a chicken lasagne is pretty simple to make and definitely worth a try.
Let us know what you think by leaving a comment.
- 200 grams shredded cooked chicken breast
- Non Fat Cooking Spray
- Touch Olive Oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1/2 grated courgette
- 4 mushrooms diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 400 grams passata
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli flakes (or to taste)
- Ground black pepper
- 4 lasagne sheets (wholewheat preferable)
- 200 grams 0% greek yoghurt
- 200 grams quark
- 100 grams grated mature cheddar cheese (half fat would save a few calories but not many)
- Bunch cherry tomatoes on the vine
- Heat oven to 350°F (180°C)
- Spray pan with Non Fat Cooking Spray
- Soften onions and garlic
- Add passata, carrot, courgette, mushrooms, red pepper, chilli flakes and black pepper
- Simmer for 20 minutes (add a drop of water if necessary)
- Meanwhile combine yoghurt and quark and add some ground black pepper to taste
- Add half of cooked mixture to lasagne dish and cover with two lasagne sheets, then add rest of mixture and cover with two lasagne sheets.
- Top with yoghurt mixture and sprinkle cheese on top
- Bake in oven for 25 to 30 minutes
- Add cherry tomatoes to to a heat proof dish, drizzle with a touch of olive oil and place in the oven with the lasagne, cooking for the same amount of time
image credits: huffington post